This is my favourite topic ever and I’m sure so many of you can agree. Traveling really is the best way to feed the soul. It makes you happy and calm in a way nothing else can. I love to travel, as you can probably tell, and me and my family used to travel a lot. We would travel and explore the different landscapes our beautiful country has to offer every August of every year. I love to go camping and I find it so relaxing for the soul. Just going on simple adventures makes me so happy. It is my ultimate dream to be able to travel the world one day.
I sometimes find it really difficult to understand why some people don’t love to travel so much, because I really only see all the benefits of traveling. I have made a list of the benefits of traveling for you guys and I hope it can convince someone to go explore more:
- Improving your communication and social skills – especially in a country where your mother tongue isn’t spoken that much. This gives you the opportunity to communicate with the locals and learn more about them.
- Learning to deal with the unexpected – we all know that not everything always goes to plan when traveling. Stressful situations can happen, but such uncertainties can help you to cope better with it and to work under pressure.
- Stimulates creativity and ideas – whether you’re an artist, a photographer or a blogger, traveling to new places that are different from what you’re used to, can give you some really good inspo!
- Improving your knowledge of cultures – every country has their own people with their own unique cultures. Getting to know these people and their way of doing things can really help you understand in what circumstances they live. Tip: whenever you plan a trip to a country you’ve never been to or have little knowledge of, it’s always a good idea to learn about their culture and etiquette beforehand.
- Creates memories that will last a lifetime – always make sure to take some sort of camera with you to capture those candid moments or beautiful scenery! Having pictures will give you something to look back to whenever you want to relive those memories!
- Improves your knowledge and confidence in general – you get to know the country, it’s people and cultures better and if you’re really into it, you just might learn a new language too!
These last 3 benefits are most definitely my favourite and the most important:
- FUN, FUN, FUN! Traveling really just is so much fun, despite sometimes being in stressful situations, it makes you smile and happy for ages!
- The best way to find yourself is with traveling and traveling solo makes it even better. Like I said, you will find yourself in stressful situations and the way you handle them will teach you about yourself. I don’t really know how to explain this one, but it just aids in helping to find yourself. I think if you just do it, you will know and understand how it helps.
- The last, but definitely not the least. Calm. Content. Collected. Traveling feeds the soul. I personally think it is the best way to relieve yourself of any stress or any negativity that is going on in your life. Just traveling to a breathtakingly beautiful location or country where you can forget about all that drags you down and just stare into the horizon. Or have a book in the hand and a glass of wine in the other. No matter what way you relax, traveling to a different place that doesn’t remind you of work, school, negative people and situations, will ensure you a peaceful mind and soul. It’s about finding pure bliss in that very moment.
Of course, traveling does have some cons, but I could literally only think of one and that is that traveling can be expensive. I, for one, would travel a lot more and definitely go overseas if I could afford it (but there are ways you can travel for less and save money – maybe I’ll write about it in a different post some time). That’s the thing for many of us who love to travel, we sometimes can’t afford it and the people who can afford it, doesn’t spend it on traveling. And if you ask me, traveling is a whole lot more worth than buying expensive clothes and shoes. It feeds the soul, the body and the mind. Traveling is not materialistic, it’s not something that can get old and dirty or be taken away from you.
To travel is to live, so dream to travel.
Till next time! 🙂
– Blissful Boho
(all images are from Pinterest)